Living with Wildlife Photography Contest
2020 Living with Wildlife Photography Contest Winners
Best in Show
Anna’s Hummingbird Getting Take-Out. Photo by Melissa Usrey
Best California Wild Animals (Other) in Their Natural Settings and People’s Choice Award Winner
Kiai: A Territorial Battle (Coyote and Raven) by Janet Kessler
Best Living with Wildlife
Bird Hit Window. Bird Survived by Roland Dumas
Best California Wild Birds in Their Natural Settings
Burrowing Owl at Sunrise by Melissa Usrey
Best General Nature
Poppy Covered in Dew by Marjorie Scarborough
Below are the judged top five finalist photos in each category in this year’s contest. The photos are posted in no particular order.
Our entry categories are:
– California Wild Birds in their Natural Settings
– California Wild Animals (Other) in their Natural Settings
– General Nature (landscape, plants etc.)
– Living with Wildlife (animals in human contexts and environments)
Click each image to see a larger version.
Give Us Your Best Shot!
Get outside with your camera and enter your best California wildlife photographs in WildCare’s 14th annual Living with Wildlife Photography Contest!
The entry deadline was Friday, September 25, 2020.
Entries are now closed.
1. California Wild Birds in Their Natural Settings
2. California Wild Animals (Other) (mammals, reptiles, amphibians, insects etc.) in Their Natural Settings
3. California General Nature (plants, landscapes, geology, natural phenomena)
4. Living with Wildlife Animal Interaction Shots (California wild animals (birds, mammals, reptiles etc.) in human contexts and environments)
The Prize for the Best in Show photograph will be $500 and your photograph featured in WildCare’s Newsletter.
Prizes will also be given for the best photograph in each category and for a People’s Choice Award to be determined by an online vote. Cash prizes made possible by a generous donor.
Enter online or by mail. Entry fees are $15 per photograph if accompanied by a printed proof. All entries must include a high-resolution printed proof at either 8″ x 10″ or 8″ x 12″. Online submissions are $20 which includes the $15 entry fee and $5 for a proof printed by WildCare.
Entry fees support WildCare’s programs including our Wildlife Hospital and our Nature Education programs. Your photos also help us advocate for and educate about the wild animals with which we share our environment. Entered photos will grace our website and printed materials, and may also be used to raise much-needed funds for our organization. Click for our Photography Contest Rules for more information.
Questions? Please contact Alison Hermance, Photography Contest Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-453-1000 x24.